Nepal Prakriti Pathshala (NPP), an education program of WCN, focuses on promotion of environmental education and outdoor learning experience in schools.
NPP invites applications for Eco-Smart Projects at school to stimulate the school to focus their efforts, innovative abilities and resources to develop and promote the environment conservation activities and awareness in school so they will be able to improve the level of understanding of students towards the environment issues and protection of biodiversity and contribute to improve the condition of their surrounding environment.

The application form is available in both English and Nepali version.

Click on the link below to download the application form:

Call for proposal - English version

Call for proposal - Nepali version

Applicants must use the Full Application Format.

The deadline for the submission of the application is October 15, 2018.

This is the Application form for the grant proposal for “Eco-Smart Project at School” by the applicant School. It should provide details of the plans and activities of the project that the applicant school is going to commence to make School Eco –Smart with the grant money under the leadership of the applying teacher.

Eligibility Criteria
1.The application is open for all National Eco-Teacher Network group members. If you are not then please click on to https://www.facebook.com/ecoteachernepal/ and become a member.
2.The applicant teacher must represent a school (Community based or Private).
3.The proposal should be on any topic related to environment.
4.It should be implemented by a class of students, led by the applicant teacher in an area where the school is situated.

Application guidelines

1. This is a grant application form hence the applicants must submit a project plan that they are planning to do in their school to make their school Eco-Smart.
2. The form can be filled up by the applicant either in Nepali or in English.
3. The form is setup in MS Word format so that you can fill it out on computer, the field will expand as you type or you can download it and fill it handwritten. The handwritten form may be then sent to WCN email, given below.
4. Section A is about the details of applicant. The applicant must be the member of National Eco-Teacher Network Group (Online Portal-Facebook group) and should provide their user name of National Eco- Teacher Network Facebook page.
5. Section B is about Institution details of the School which the applicant is representing.
6. Section C is about the project details, where the applicants should provide the detailed information of the project that they are planning to do in their area.
7. Section D is about financial details of the project in a given format to describe how the money, if the award is granted will be spent. The applicants must provide the description of each titles and amount in the respective column.
8. Section E is about declaration, which is filled up by the applicants and the School authority.
9. Submission
The deadline for the application is 15th October 2018.

The application can be submitted in MS word format or copies Scanned or Photographed. If you are submitting Scanned copies or Photographic version, make sure that it is readable and in good order.

The application is submitted to mail@wcn.org.np before the deadline. Application received after deadline will not be considered for selection.

Selection Process
All the projects proposals received during the indicated application period will be evaluated according to qualitative and quantitative criteria by a team of professionals who will then determine if a project is eligible or not fairly. The proposals which are outstanding in nature and are able to combine the interactive and innovative approaches with learning outputs for students, teachers, school and community, while addressing a current environmental issues and biodiversity conservation will be given high preference.

The successful applicants will be notified by November 15th 2018.

Additional Information

1. The grant amount NPR 50,000 will be awarded to the 5 outstanding projects.
2. The winning team must start to work on their project by the 2nd week of the December 2018 and submit the project completion report by the end of the April 30th, 2019.
3. Initially 80% of total grant amount will be awarded to the winning team and after the submission of final completion report remaining 20% will be granted.
4. For any queries, write to us at mail@wcn.org.np or call us at 01-4289818.

The project grant (NPR 50,000) will be awarded to five outstanding and innovative projects. WCN/NPP will host a program for the successful applicants in Kathmandu for award ceremony and exposure visit in November 2018.

The organization reserves the right to accept/reject the proposals.